STAT Wunderkinds: 5 Years of Progress
Friday, November 19, at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT
As the Wunderkinds program celebrates its fifth anniversary of honoring the brightest early-career researchers in medicine, STAT invites you to hear firsthand about the remarkable progress these up-and-coming leaders are making in the field of science.
STAT’s editorial team will be joined by a group of the first Wunderkinds cohort who will share their latest research, experiences since joining their Wunderkinds class in 2017, and the lessons learned along the way.
- Andrew Boozary, M.D., MPP, SM, executive director, population health and social Medicine, University Health Network; assistant professor, University of Toronto and Columbia University; senior fellow, Wellesley Institute
- Hsiao-Tuan Chao, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, Department of Pediatrics-Neurology, Molecular and Human Genetics, Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine; McNair Scholar, McNair Medical Institute at the Robert and Janice McNair Foundation; Investigator, Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Salil Garg, M.D., Ph.D., clinical investigator, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT
- Andrew Joseph, general assignment reporter, STAT (moderator)
- Tina Cascone, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, Department of Thoracic-Head & Neck Med Onc, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (sponsor speaker)