The evolving landscape for biosimilars
Thursday, September 30, at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT
Biosimilars were anticipated to be a solution to the soaring cost of prescription medicines to treat a slew of diseases. Have they reached their potential?
Some see encouraging signs of increased adoption rates for these treatments, which are made from living cells and nearly identical to their biologic counterparts. Others fear they are meeting resistance.
STAT's Ed Silverman will convene a discussion on what it will take to create a functioning biosimilar market in the U.S.
- Madelaine A. Feldman, M.D., FACR, president, Coalition of State Rheumatology Organizations; clinical assistant professor of medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Sonia T. Oskouei, PharmD, BCMAS, DPLA, vice president, biosimilars, Cardinal Health
- Gillian Woollett, MA, DPhil, principal research scientist, Avalere Health
- Ed Silverman, Pharmalot columnist, STAT (moderator)
- Sang-Jin Pak, executive vice president and leader of commercial division, Samsung Bioepis (sponsor speaker)