The Exhaustion Epidemic: Examining the Covid-19 Burnout Crisis in Health Care
Monday, February 7, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT
The coronavirus pandemic has left health care workers beyond mentally fatigued and many are leaving the industry as a result.
Through this event, STAT will discuss the emotional burden health care workers are facing and uncover the solutions needed to support and retain them.
- Amanda Bettencourt, Ph.D., APRN, CCRN-K, ACCNS-P, assistant professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing; president-elect, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Wendy Dean, M.D., CEO and co-founder, Moral Injury of Healthcare
- Kamala P. Tamirisa, M.D., FACC, FHRS, clinical cardiac electrophysiologist, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute; co-editor of "Prevention of Burnout in Medicine: Multimedia Primer and Lifebook"
- Ritu Thamman, MD FACC FASE, assistant clinical professor of medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; co-editor of "Prevention of Burnout in Medicine: Multimedia Primer and Lifebook"
- Nicholas St. Fleur, general assignment reporter; associate editorial director of events, STAT (moderator)
- Mark Reisenauer, president, Astellas Pharma US (sponsor introduction)